Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Taking Time for Tea

I chose 'Time for Tea' because the one thing I seem to always run out of is time. It's the one thing I seem to be shortest on, and I have to wonder why. I'm a stay at home mom. To some, I should have all the 'time' in the world. What could I have that is so pressing that constantly has me watching the clock? Yet I find that I do. I constantly feel like I'm running behind, and the reality of it is, I am! I never seem to have the time to do the things I want to do. My regular bible study, my pilates, getting to actually finish an entire book before I forget what happened in the beginning, implementing better organization...and the list goes on. I've been wanting to sit down and plan out a menu for the longest time, and sadly, I haven't found the 'time' to do it yet.

It's not just my daily time that I'm missing. It's looking at my children and seeing how big their getting. It's feeling the time ticking away with every day, week, month and year that goes by. With the anticipated arrival of my third baby, I find myself being reminded more and more of when my other two were just babies themselves. I just can't believe how much time has passed. I can get so busy in the day to day that when I finally do look up and take a breath, they've aged another year!

So my purpose for taking 'Time for Tea' is for me to take some time for myself. To sit down with a cup of tea and reflect. To think about what's on my mind instead of shoving it off to deal with it 'later'. My hope is that in taking some time to think about things and get it out of the clutter of my mind, that it will free up some brain power and that ever elusive 'time' I keep searching for.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts Ang... Altough I'm with you in that train, I feel that it should be more like "enjoing achivements" as we look our kids. It's hard, but I think I'll enjoy more my living if I'm not greaving something more every sec. As, I have to say, I've been doing for a loooong time. So now on, if I want the cup of tea, I'll get one. :) all good to you and those you love... Kiss kiss... -Jazz

    ReplyDelete